Relaxation therapy is a type of therapy that helps reduce muscle tension, stress, control blood pressure, pain, anxiety, and many more. This therapy involves practices and other ways that help a patient’s body relax its muscles.
Some of the practices that are done in Relaxation Therapy include
- Deep Breathing: Helps patients become calm, have a controlled breathing, lower blood pressure, reduce muscle tension, and more.
- Guided Imagery: This type of practice uses music, words, and sometimes images to guide patients to go in a relaxed state. Guided Imagery is a process that helps patients form peaceful and healing images in their minds.
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation: This type of practice reduces stress by tensing and relaxing certain muscles in your body.
How Can It Help?
We know how it is hard to face multiple responsibilities, tasks, problems and demands at the same time. Usually, a normal person would stress out and would have anxiety about how life would turn out if they fail in fulfilling these tasks, which will then lead to over thinking. But luckily, we at Alberta Concussion Centre know how to help people with staying relaxed. Our therapists will help you in a number of things, which include:
- Slow down your heart rate
- Lower your blood pressure
- Improve your digestive system
- Maintain blood sugar levels
- Reduce stress hormones
- Increase blood flow to muscles
- Improve your sleep
- Boost confidence
- Reduce anger problems
- Reduce frustration problems
The practices that are mentioned above are only some of the practices that are being offered. For your Relaxation Therapy, please call us on the number below or send us an email.
Service Cost and Coverage
One thing to note is that, most health insurance providers recompense all or part of the fees patients pay for receiving rehabilitation services such as physiotherapy, neuro psych assessment and treatment, massage therapy etc.
Talk to us and we will help to verify the coverage options which are available to you. This may include, but not limited to the following:
- All third-party insurance
- Extended health benefits
- Worker’s compensation
- Motor vehicle accidents insurance
For payment, we accept all major credit cards, debit, personal cheques and cash.