Occupational Therapy helps to treat patients that are injured, ill, or disabled through the help of therapeutic use of day-to-day activities. OTs help patients recover, improve, develop, and maintain skills that can help them become more productive. Occupational Therapy is proven to help patients become better psychologically and socially.
Who Needs Occupational Therapy?
- If you’re born with birth defects
- If you’re born with sensory processing disorders
- Have traumatic injuries
- Having a hard time in learning new things
- Diagnosed with a Pervasive developmental Disorder
- Mental health problem
- Developmental delays
- Cerebral palsy
- Chronic illnesses
- Traumatic amputations
How Can It Help?
OT (Occupational Therapy) can help people, who have problems in performing day-to-day tasks, by improving their motor skills, balance, coordination, cognitive skills, and many more. One of the main objectives of OT is to help people perform basic tasks so they can drastically improve their self-esteem.
Before you go through OT, a therapist will identify the difficulties a patient is facing in performing everyday tasks. After identifying those difficulties, an occupational therapist will:
- Develop activities that will help you recover.
- Teach different ways to complete activities without exerting too much effort.
- Make changes in your lifestyle.
- Provide devices and tools that can make performing activities much easier.
- Make changes that will make your day-to-day activities.
To know more about how Occupational Therapy can help you, call us or send us an email so we can schedule an appointment!
Service Cost and Coverage
One thing to note is that, most health insurance providers recompense all or part of the fees patients pay for receiving rehabilitation services such as physiotherapy, neuro psych assessment and treatment, massage therapy etc.
Talk to us and we will help to verify the coverage options which are available to you. This may include, but not limited to the following:
- All third-party insurance
- Extended health benefits
- Worker’s compensation
- Motor vehicle accidents insurance
For payment, we accept all major credit cards, debit, personal cheques and cash.